Tips to Avoid Work Related Injuries
Physical Therapist of Cincinnati Physical Therapy, Inc., suggests the following to help avoid injury:
- Keep the wrist in a neutral position. Adjust your activity so the wrist is not maintained in a bent downward or upward position.
- Avoid repetition. If you must perform repetitive tasks, vary your hand position.
- Rest. If possible, take rest breaks. If not, switch between hard and easy tasks or change hands.
- Reduce the force. Use power tools if available.
- Decrease the speed. Slow the task down.
Check your work or leisure activities against the tips above. As with many other illnesses, prevention is the key.